This looks like fun and it is also necessary. It would take me a good few years to read all the unread books I own now, even if I read nothing else at all!
The challenge is hosted by Jenn here.
- The challenge is to read 12 TBR books in 12 months.
- You need to have a list posted somewhere for others to see.
- You CANNOT change your list after January 1st, 2009.
- You can create an Alternates list of no more than 12 books, if you want, in order to have options to choose from (you can read these in place of books on your original list).
- Audiobooks and e-books ARE allowed.
- Re-reads are NOT allowed, as they aren’t TRUE “TBRs”.
- You CAN overlap with other challenges.
This is my list:
- The Art of Murder, by Jose Carlos Somoza
- Invitation to the Waltz, by Rosalind Lehmann
- The Dancers Dancing, by Ellis Ni Dhuibhne
- The Electric Michelangelo, by Sarah Hall
- Descent, by Sabrina Broadbent
- A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers, by Xiaolu Guo
- How I Live Now, by Meg Rosoff
- A Time of Angels, by Patricia Schonstein
- Black Swan Green, by David Mitchell
- Reading Lolita in Tehran, by Azar Nafisi
- Armour Wherein He Trusted, by Mary Webb
- A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini
And these are my alternates:
- The Count of Monte Christo, by Alexandre Dumas
- Dissolution, by C J Samson
- The Last Witchfinder, by James Morrow
- Blue Earth, by Jules Hardy
- A Hollow Crown, by Helen Hollick
- Ireland, by Frank Delaney
- Special Topics in Calamity Physics, by Marisa Pessl
- 20,000 Streets Under The Sea, by Patrick Hamilton
- South Riding, by Winifred Holtby
- Labyrinth, by Kate Mosse
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, by Michael Chabon
- Katherine, by Anya Seton