The Classics Club Spin is beginning again.
- Pick twenty unread books from your list.
- Number them from one to twenty.
- On Monday a number will be drawn.
- That’s your book, to read by 5th January.
I’m going to do it. And I’m going to put my own spin on it!
It just felt like time to so something different.
- Every book is written by a woman (or in one case by two women)..
- Every book is a book I would really love to read this winter.
- Half of the books are from my Classics Club List; the other half are books that I wish I’d put on my list …
I am so pleased with this list:
1. The Female Quixote by Charlotte Lennox (1752)
2. The Coquette by Hannah W Foster (1797)
3. Lavinia by George Sand (1833)
4. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte (1848)
5. Moths by Ouida (1880)
6. Belinda by Rhoda Broughton (1883)
7. The Story of a Modern Woman by Ella Hepworth Dixon (1894)
8. The Real Charlotte by Somerville and Ross (1894)
9. The Beth Book by Sarah Grand (1897)
10. Elizabeth and her German Garden by Elizabeth Von Arnim (1898)
11. Red Pottage by Mary Cholmondeley (1899)
12.Fidelity by Susan Glaspell (1915)
13. I Pose by Stella Benson (1915)
14. The Matriarch by G B Stern (1924)
15. The Weather in the Streets by Rosamond Lehmann (1936)
16. My Bird Sings by Oriel Malet (1946)
17. A Game of Hide and Seek by Elizabeth Tayor (1951)
18. Fenny by Lettice Cooper (1953)
19. The Scapegoat by Daphne Du Maurier (1957)
20. The Fountain Overflows by Rebecca West (1957)
(The new books are italicised.)
And now I must wait to see which number comes up on Monday …
Which number should I be hoping for? Which number should I hope to avoid?