I’m still making progress with this year’s kniting resolution. I made up a dozen bags of single skeins and leftover yarn and I vowed to use at least half of them before the end of the year.
I am very close to my target: six projects knitted and five and a half bags of yarn used!
Here’s project 6 ….
Fyberspates Blue Faced Leicester DK. It’s discontinued now, but it was a good traditional wool dyed in lovely rich colours.
I bought a pack in a sale, I knitted a cardigan, it was lovely, but I put it in the washing machine on the wrong setting. When it came out it had felted beautifully but it was toddler size. Now it lines Briar’s bed.
I had a hat knitted from the same yarn on a different shade and it was one of my favourite hats, but I lost it.
And so I began to look for a hat pattern ….
I started knitting Erica by Woolly Wormhead last autumn, when it was a mystery KAL in her Ravelry group, but the yarn I has chosen wasn’t working and so I put it to one side.
I loved the pattern, it just needed different yarn.
I didn’t have enough yarn for the peaked cap – and I wasn’t sure that it was me anyway – but I had just about enough for the beret version.
I had to cut corners just a little as I came to the crown to make sure I didn’t run out of yarn, but I got there with inches to spare, and I don’t think it shows.
I blocked my hat just enough to make it beret shaped, and I’m very pleased with the end result.
(The first picture is closest to the true colour.)
I’ve finished the straight section of my Clapotis, so that should be done very soon. That takes me over the finishing line of my project, but I have one or two ideas for the remaining bags, so I’m going to carry on.
And I have another knitting project – similar but different – in mind for next year already ….