- I was on my own in the office this morning. The phone wasn’t too busy, and it was lovely, the first time it did ring, to be thanked warmly for taking a message, and told I was so much more cheerful than the person before me.
- Dashing out of the office at lunchtime to fetch my weekly treat: a hot Warrens pasty. The advantage of working in a harbour office is that every amenity in the town is close at hand.
- Coming home to a most effusive welcome from Briar, and a little later walking her up Chapel Street in the rain and spotting two lovely Persephone books in the window of the Hypatia Trust.
- Sitting on the floor with my back against a lovely warm Aga and reading a lovely warm book: The J. M. Barrie Ladies’ Swimming Society by Barbara J. Zwiter.
- Pulling more balls of yarn (Debbie Bliss Soho) out of the airing cupboard, and feeling so virtuous that I’m using the oldest yarn in my stash to knit a cardigan that will be both beautiful and useful (Golden Wheat Cardigan by Veera Välimäki). And knitting a decent number of rows while watching The Apprentice with my mother.
Simple things …
How was your Wednesday?