My writing muse seems to have deserted me, and so I am borrowing this meme that I saw at Books and Chocolate to say hello, I’m still here and this is what I’m doing.
I’ve tweaked the questions as some of the originals don’t work for me (I’ve only lived in three different places in my life, and I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else but here), and because I want to reflect where I am this weekend.
So here are my four questions, and four answers to each:
Four Long Books I’m Reading and Loving
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- They Knew Mr Knight by Dorothy Whipple
- Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
- Jamrach’s Menagerie by Carol Birch
Four Nice Jobs Done
- One bookcase tidied, and a few books thinned out to make space for recent arrivals
- Knitting needles sorted out and put away in an orderly fashion
- Spin it Again software, to covert old cassette tapes to MP3, reinstalled
- Summer clothes brought down from the attic, and winter clothes taken up
Four Upcoming Novels Added to my Wishlist
- The Strange Fate of Kitty Easton by Elizabeth Speller
- Herring on the Nile by L C Tyler
- Gillespie and I by Jane Harris
- Girl Reading by Katie Ward
Four Outings with Briar
- Bluebell Woods, where those flowers are in full bloom
- The park, to chase squirrels
- The beach at low tide, so we could go out on the rocks and look in rock pools
- Trevaylor Woods, scheduled for tomorrow morning to escape the crowds that have descended on Cornwall for the bank holiday weekend
Normal service will be resumed very soon!