Becky from Becky’s Book Reviews has been hosting the 18th and 19th Century Women Writers Reading Challenge for 2009.
Pparticipants are asked to read no fewer than four and no more than twelve books written by a woman who lived and wrote from 1700 to 1900.
I’ve read six:
- Behind a Mask by Louisa May Alcott
- Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Paul Ferroll by Caroline Clive
- Brother Jacob by George Eliot
- The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Love and Friendship by Jane Austen
All good but The Yellow Wallpaper has to be my favourite, with Paul Ferroll and Behind a Mask not to far behind.
A lovely challenge!