I committed to 6 books of 450 or more pages for The 2009 Chunkster Challenge and I’ve done it!
Here’s the list:
- South Riding by Winifred Holtby (502 pages)
- The Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larsson (569 pages)
- Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens (1088 pages)
- The Alchemy of Murder by Carol McCleary (576 pages)
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel (672 pages)
- The Best of Men by Claire Letemendia (704 pages)
Not a dud among them, but I would pick South Riding out as the star!
What a challenge! I loved South Riding very much too and am looking forward to reading Anderby Wold, another pretty chunky one.
Phew you have made your way through some tomes! I have been wanting to read South Riding for a long time and if it made the top of your list I must seek it out!
Congratulations! Does lifting the books qualify as exercise, too?? I hope to read Wolf Hall once it’s released in the US.
I didn’t realise Little Dorrit was 1000+ pages.
I am currently working my way through a few longer books. I think I prefer them as I do love a good, twisting plot. I may have to get myself a copy of South Riding!
Congratulations on completing the challenge!
Way to go! I am totally impressed!
Congrats! I love to finish challenges.