I was thrilled to find this challenge this morning. It’s a wonderful idea and it brightened up a dull work day.
The challenge runs from 21st December 2008 – 21st June 2009
Here’s how it works:
- Read a minimum of 5 books which you loved as a child. Anything from Dr.Seuss and Beatrix Potter to Water Scott – you choose your favourites. They must be books you read as a child, not new children’s books.
- Start this challenge on or after 21st December 2008. Finish by 21st June 2009.You therefore have 6 months to complete the challenge.
- Send an email if you would like an invitation to post on the challenge blog.
- Post your choices on your blog and/or the group blog.You can choose in advance or pick as you go along.
- Cross overs with other challenges, audio books, eBooks all acceptable.
I have chosen 6 books:
- The Owl Service, by Alan Garner
- Anne of Green Gables, by L M Montgomery
- A Dolls House, by Rumer Godden
- Little Women, by Louisa M Alcott
- Alice In Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll
- The Borrowers, by Mary Norton
There are some books I’d be worried about going back to in case they didn’t have that same magic now I have joined the ranks of the grown-ups, but I have great confidence in the ones I have selected.